Karabezi houseboat is a newly refurbished, five star, air conditioned pontoon style houseboat with the following facilities:
Accommodation and facilities on the first deck:
- Two double en suite cabins with air conditioning (these two cabins each have an adjoining twin bunk cabin allowing them to be used as family cabins. Alternatively, they can be closed off from each other for privacy)
- Two twin air conditioned, en suite cabins
- One twin air conditioned cabin with bathroom directly opposite
- One separate bathroom and toilet
- The breakfast lounge contains a breakfast bar with flat screen TV and DVD and a small library of reference books
- A fully equipped teak and black granite kitchen with a 6 hob gas stove/oven, fridge/freezer, 3 large deep freezers and microwave and toaster.
- Large tender deck at the rear of the boat with two staircases leading to the second deck.
- This is an ideal place for evening braais and the breakfast bar adjoining this area may be used for extra seating and serving of drinks
Accommodation and facilities on the second deck:
- The second deck is centered on a large air conditioned lounge, dining and main bar area and has glazing all round.
- There are 6 fold out beds creating a total of 20 beds on the boat.
Jacuzzi and deck area:
- There is a 5 man Jacuzzi on this deck with surrounding sun loungers and seating area .The Jacuzzi can be covered to create 2 large beds for day time lounging or a double for sleeping under the stars.
- A large teak bar with seating for 8 guests and a chiller with capacity for 22 crates of drinks will ensure no shortage of cold drinks.
Top deck sun/sleeping area:
- There is a further third deck for sleeping out under the stars on 6 daybeds under mosquito nets.
- Alternatively during the day this area is great for private sun tanning as well as a spectacular game viewing platform being nearly 10meters above the shore line.
- 2 Tender Boats for Game Viewing and Fishing (1 mini pontoon type tender - takes 8 - 10 passengers and 1 speed boat taking 6 passengers)
- 4 crew (Captain, chef and two deckhands)
- Boarding at 12:00 pm and disembarking at 10:00 am
- Moored at Chawara harbour
- Houseboat and tender boat hire
- All linen, bath towels and mosquito nets
- Cutlery and crockery
- All fuel and outboard oil (the main vessel, tender boats and generators will be full before departure- on return to harbour at the end of the trip you will be required to re-fuel these and settle in USD cash at that time)
- All meals, drinks, condiments, toilet paper, serviettes, washing liquid, soap etc.
- Fishing equipment and bait
- Swimming towels
- National Parks lake usage and fishing fees
- First aid kit
- Vehicle parking fees
Recommended Charter Routes:
2 night charters - up to Antelope Island
3 night charters - up to Palm bay
4 night charters - up to Sanyati west
5 night charters - up to Elephant point
6 nights or more - up to the Ume
Sengwa Safaris offer competitive rates on all extras (catering, drinks, fishing rod hire and bait) so please let us know if you would like us to include any of these in your quotation. Please click on the links above for more information on catering and extras or visit our FAQ's page.
Specs and Technical Data
Registration Number: KF 1507
Hull Type: : Pontoon
Length: 70ft (21.34m)
Mooring: Chawara harbour
Extra FacilitiesTV, DVD and small library on the lower deck.6 sun loungers on third deck.
- Game viewing
- Bird watching
- Photography and videography
- Reading and board games