Karibeer is a 60ft twin decked pontoon houseboat that offers accommodation in three double cabins on the lower deck, the first two cabins having double beds and the third having two single beds. It is a spacious and comfortable child proof houseboat with two toilets and three showers. Remaining on the lower deck there is a full galley with ample refrigeration.
The upper deck is centered on a large covered dining and bar area, with a CD player. This level is completed by a sunbathing area and splash pool and there is a wood burning braai on board for evening braais.
Karibeer tows 2 eight seater mini pontoons with 15hp motors, one has a shade cloth roof the other has no roof. This houseboat is maintained regularly and is very reliable.
- CREW 3 crew comprising Captain, chef and deckhand
- MAX PAX 6 to 12 comfortably, 14 Max (6 in cabins and 8 upstairs)
- CRUISING SPEED 9 knots
- FUEL Dry boat
- CABINS 3 cabins (2 double and 1 twin single beds)
- STAIRS to the top deck have a hand rail and are very secure
- AIR CONDITIONING: Cabins Only and do have battery operated fans. Please Note: During the hot months the Aircons will now run from 10pm to 6am and 2 hrs during lunch time.
- TOILETS 2 toilets
- SHOWERS 3 showers
- POWER 220V power supply when generator is on.
- PLUG POINTS Clients are asked to bring their own adaptors both round and square
- FULLY EQUIPPED GALLEY with ample refrigeration
- POOL Splash pool on upper deck
- CHILD FRIENDLY Yes
- CD PLAYER is compatible with smartphones/USB Port/1 RCA Preout/Aux In (Clients to bring their own docking stations if required.)
- BRAAI wood braai on board
- TENDER BOATS 2 x 8 seater Pontoons with 15hp Motors. Please Note: Tender Boats are for Game Drives and fishing in the vicinity of the houseboat and are strictly crew driven. Should you require a speed boat for long distance fishing, please either bring your own which will be towed behind the houseboat leaving behind one of the houseboat tenders, (please bring your own rope for towing and fuel) or you can hire a speed boat from Marineland. (Contact us for details).
- MOORING Currently moored at CMED harbour.
- BOARDING strictly 12pm and Disembarkment by 9.30am.
- VEHICLE PARKING There is guarded parking at $5 per night per vehicle
- Houseboat and tender boat hire
- All linen, bath towels and mosquito nets
- Cutlery and crockery
- Hand soap
- Fuel for main vessel, tender boats and generator
- All meals, drinks, condiments etc
- Toilet Paper, Bathroom Soap, Air Freshener and Dishwashing Soap
- Fishing equipment and bait
- Mosquito Repellant (Please supply lotion and not spray)
- Swimming towels
- National Parks lake usage and fishing fees
- First aid kit
- Vehicle parking fees
2 night charters - up to Antelope Island
3 night charters - up to Palm bay
4 night charters - up to Sanyati west
5 night charters - up to Elephant point
6 nights or more - up to the Ume
Sengwa Safaris offer competitive rates on all extras (catering, drinks, fishing rod hire and bait) so please let us know if you would like us to include any of these in your quotation. Please click on the links above for more information on catering and extras or visit our FAQ's page.
Please note that whilst every effort has been made to ensure the details supplied above are correct we can not be held responsible in any way should an item mentioned above not be on board /broken or miss quoted.
Specs and Technical Data
Registration Number: KF 733
Hull Type: : Pontoon
Length: 60ft (18.29m)
Engine: 2 x 90HP Suzuki Engines, installed June 2012
Mooring: CMED Harbour
Extra FacilitiesWood braai,CD Players that are compatible with smartphones and have USB ports and 1RCA-Out and Aux In. Guests to supply Ipod.
- Game viewing
- Bird watching
- Photography and videography
- Reading and board games
I am now back on-line again. We had a wonderful few days, though a but chilly but the days were beautiful.
I have to commend the crew, as they were excellent, especially Motion. He really went beyond the call of duty to make our stay very enjoyable.
Thanks for arranging everything for us.
I would just like to say thanks to all involved for a great holiday had. The boat was well kitted out and the crew were great, we enjoyed many a tall story. The decent bream were scarce but we caught a few little tigers and got stuck into a few unstoppable vundu.
The only things which could have gone better was the ice which took a while to arrive, but thanks for sorting that out after we phoned you.
Will definitely do it again sometime if finances allow :)
We had a wonderful trip. I've nothing to say but good things - the crew were fantastic and the boat met all our expectations..
Thanks for all your help.
We are safely back in South Africa after a brilliant trip to Mana Pools and Kariba! Thank you for all your assistance and arrangements. Everything worked out really well, the boat was great, the crew was great, and we really had a good time.
I will recommend your services to friends and family!
We had an awesome time.
Very well planned and it ran like clockwork.
Staff were so pleasant, and boat nice and clean.
No complaints just praise
To let you know we ALL had a fantastic trip on Karibeer, & will recommend this boat anytime. & Chuffed I booked it again for 3 weeks time.Crew was great & very pleasant/helpful, always keeping the boat nice & clean. Food was great & well prepared, Offias the cook did well for our vegitairian, ( braai steaks were unfortunately a bit tuff)
Maureen please can I request catering again for the next trip - Fishermans Menu x 9 people& 14 blocks of ice please. ( earliest delivery if possible) Drinks I will sort out myself this time.I have spoken to Glynis who has said it's ok for us to board earlier, & leave when the guys are sorted & ready.Also just to let you know, I will be bringing my own boat so will only require the "pontoon" tender this time. Thanks for your help much appreciated
The crew were fantastic!! We couldn’t have asked for better. Alex, Motion and Offias were friendly and helpful…but unobtrusive…the best crew we have ever encountered. We thoroughly enjoyed our trip.
Just one suggestion…would it not be better to have single beds in all the cabins. We found the double bed cabins too small to accommodate a couple. Not a huge problem though…all the men slept on the deck.
Thanks for your kind, friendly and efficient service.
We had a wonderful time on Karibeer - the boat is very comfortable & I really liked how well topdeck seating /sleeping was arranged. We only used the cabins for changing!!! We all slept out every night under a full moon listening to lion & hyena calling!!!! (First night at any rate). The staff were great - Captain & deckhand excellent helping with fishing - nothing too much trouble. Cookie was also very good - & because we had young children who couldn't stay up late - (too much to see & do during the day) meals were always served well & on the time I designated. The cooks evening bream snacks(our fresh daily catch) were delicious. Our guests are already planning their next trip.
Otherwise back to normal with wonderful memories. Thanks again.