Sovereign is a 90 ft. five star luxury catamaran cruiser that boasts 10 fully air conditioned en suite cabins. Designed and built by Mr Tony Turner, his many years of experience in boat building and attention to detail has resulted in a vessel that never fails to impress.
- MAX PAX 20
- CREW 5 crew (Captain, engineer, chef, bar man, deck hand)
- CRUISING SPEED 6 - 7 knots
- CABINS 10 (6 double en suite cabins (shower, toilet and basin) with air conditioning & 4 twin cabins en suite (shower, toilet and basin) with air conditioning
- AIR CONDITIONING: Through Out Please Note: Generator will be switched off at 10pm which is Government Stipulated Lake Rules. Therefore the Air Cons will not run after this time.
- MOSQUITO NETS there is Mosquito screens infront of the large sliding cabin doors
- LARGE PANORAMIC windows affording exquisite views of the lake
- DINING ROOM Open plan dining room and lounge/bar area
- SWIMMING POOL Yes
- VERANDA Large covered veranda overlooking the pool
- THIRD DECK partly covered affording 360 degree views of the lake
- POWER SUPPLY 40kva and 25kva generator to run all appliances
- PLUG POINTS both round and square plugs on board and adaptors are provided.
- CHILD FRIENDLY Yes
- BRAAI Gas braai facilities
- TENDER BOATS 2 boats (1 x Falcon and 1 large pontoon) Please Note: Tender Boats are for Game Drives and fishing in the vicinity of the houseboat and are strictly crew driven. Should you require a speed boat for long distance fishing, please either bring your own which will be towed behind the houseboat leaving behind one of the houseboat tenders, (please bring your own rope for towing and fuel) or you can hire a speed boat from Marineland. (Contact us for details).
- MOORING at Marineland harbour
- VEHICLE PARKING: Guarded parking provided at $5 per vehicle and $3 per trailer per night
- BOARDING at 12:00pm and disembarking at 10:00am
- Houseboat and tender boat hire
- All linen, bath towels and mosquito nets
- Cutlery and crockery
- Toilet paper, washing liquid and soap
- All fuel and outboard oil (the main vessel, tender boats and generators)
- All meals, drinks, condiments etc
- Fishing equipment and bait
- Swimming towels
- National Parks lake usage and fishing fees
- First aid kit
- Vehicle parking fees
Recommended Charter Routes:
2 night charters - up to Antelope Island
3 night charters - up to Palm bay
4 night charters - up to Sanyati west
5 night charters - up to Elephant point
6 nights or more - up to the Ume
Fully inclusive option:
For clients wanting a fully inclusive package, Sengwa Safaris offer competitive rates on all extras (catering, drinks, fishing rod hire and bait) so please let us know if you would like us to include any of these in your quotation. Please click on the links above for more information on catering and extras or visit our FAQ's page
Please note that whilst every effort has been made to ensure the details supplied above are correct we can not be held responsible in any way should an item mentioned above not be on board /broken or miss quoted.
Specs and Technical Data
Registration Number: KF 1942
Hull Type: : Pontoon
Length: 90ft (27.43m)
Engine: 2 x 200hp Volvo Penta Engines
Mooring: Marineland Harbour
Extra FacilitiesTV, video, stereo and Satelite facility.Excercise equipment. Conference facility
- Game viewing
- Bird watching
- Photography and videography
- Reading and board games
Hie Maureen we enjoyed to the maximum and the crew is very friendly. The food was ok we had delicious meals throughout
Sovereign, captained so ably by Wilson and his wonderful crew could not have been more attentive to our every need.
Sovereign with all its space has spoilt us forever as we never want to go on another boat on Kariba!
It could not have been bettered as an excellent boat for a family reunion. We each enjoyed having our own space, cabins with air con and a view of the Lake whilst lying in bed was a treat. Noah, the chef, was amazing coping with 18 people sitting down to each meal with the minimum of fuss or instruction. The huge deep freezes were fantastic as everything was always kept frozen. Not usually an easy feat on Kariba!
Our grandchildren had an absolute ball with their American cousins as there was so much space for them to
play. All the above points helped make it the most memorable family holiday on Kariba ever.
Thank you so much Mo for all your help. We will be back on the Sovereign one day!
Thank you very much for all the effort that you put in to the trip planning for our experience on Sovereign at Kariba.
We all had a great time and everything worked out really well. The food was awesome (a little too big for the guys so we have learnt for next time! :)).
The bar was stocked with everything that we wanted although the guys really didn't do justice to the beers I ordered and so there were some returns.
The game drive on the 16th was great fun with the Spurwing Representative, Mitch. I think we left a lasting impression.
The boat had been renovated since the time that one of our team had been on and we were all impressed with the state of the boat and the crew.
We are definitely hooked on the lovely houseboat even though we didn't hook many fish. We will be making plans in the future to do a group family holiday when the youngsters are a little larger.
Thanks again for your help. We all got home safely to Kitwe and Ndola (Zambia) and Nelspruit (South Africa).
Many thks for your email. Sovereign was great in all respects, including crew. Likewise exec air.
Thank you heaps for arranging everything so well.