ROAD AND PRIVATE AIR CHARTER TRANSFER TIMES. Valid 31/12/12 subject to change without notice. Inc VAT and ZTA Levy.
|DEPART||ARRIVE||TIME BY ROAD||TIME BY AIR||$ ROAD
|Lusaka /Airport*||Kariba*||4-4.5 hrs||1 hr||$150.00pp return (6pax or greater)
|Harare/ Airport*||Kariba*||5 hrs||1 hr||$150.00pp return (6 pax or greater)
|Victoria Falls/Livingstone*||Kariba*||7 hrs||2 hrs||TBA|
|Lusaka/ Airport||Chirundu||3-3.5 hrs||n/a||TBA|
|Harare/ Airport||Chirundu||4.5 hrs||n/a||TBA|
|Victoria Falls||Binga||n/a||1 hr||TBA|
|Kariba Airport||Houseboat/Harbour||30mins||n/a||$20.00pp return (3pax or greater)
* Please note:
If you are flying into Lusaka or Harare Airports on the morning of the ROAD TRANSFER TO KARIBA we strongly advise that you are on the earliest flight possible. This is due to the fact that you need to allow sufficient time (4hrs) to travel to Kariba, board the houseboat and leave harbour to make the first mooring before sunset. The same applies for your return flight from Lusaka or Harare, where an evening flight is required.
We advise that if your flight arrives later than 09 00hrs you should travel to Kariba and spend the night in one of the Lakeside Hotels to board the houseboat the following day.
The same applies for the RETURN ROAD TRANSFER: Houseboat disembarking time is approximately 10 00hrs. Therefore, this does not allow sufficient time to connect with early return flights. We recommend that you travel to Lusaka/Harare and spend the night at an Airport Hotel to fly out the following day. This may not apply for evening flights.
- Air Zimbabwe no longer flies direct to Kariba and therefore the most common route is to fly direct to either Lusaka or Harare and then ROAD TRANSFER OR PRIVATE AIR CHARTER TO KARIBA.
- There are several daily flights from Johannesburg to Lusaka and Harare on SAA, COMMAIR, ZAMBEZI AIRWAYS, AIR ZIMBABWE, SA AIRLINK, and AIR NAMIBIA.
- Transfers are quoted per person one way unless otherwise stated.
- Minimum number of 3 pax apply (2 pay for 3).
- Visa/National Parks entry fees not included in transfer costs
- It is the responsibility of the client to ensure he/she has the correct travel documents.
- It is strongly recommended that all clients obtain international travel insurance for emergency and/or cancellation.
- Refreshments provided on all long transfers.
- Experienced courier guides with over 10 years in the transfer business.
- Trip manifests completed to ensure quick border crossings
- Our road transfers are serviced by air conditioned mini buses and trailers and people carriers for smaller groups.
- Please note we do not book scheduled flights-please contact your travel agent for assistance.
If you are self-driving you will be required to have:
- Police clearance for all foreign registered vehicles
- If you are not the registered owner of the vehicle a letter from the owner allowing your use of the vehicle
- You will also be required to purchase Insurance ($60.00), Carbon Tax ($10.00) and Road Access Fees ($10.00) at the border
- Please note that most main highways in Zimbabwe are now Toll roads with small service fees payable.
- When driving through Zimbabwe, it is not advisable to stop at lay byes on the side of the road (for a picnic/break) and do not stop for strangers on the road even if it appears they are in need of help. Please only stop in public places and try to avoid travelling at night due to the often poor condition of the roads.
If you are staying for less than 6 months obtaining a visa for Zimbabwe is relatively hassle free. You will need a valid passport with at least 6 months remaining on it, a return ticket to your country of residence (or enough money to purchase one) and sufficient funds to cover your stay in Zimbabwe. Please remember that your passport and documents are valuable and you should never surrender them to an unauthorised person, or pack them in your luggage. You should make photocopies of all important documents (passport, id, drivers license, travellers cheques etc) and keep the originals separate from the copies.
Please visit www.zimbabwe.embassyhomepage.com for further information.
|COUNTRY||SINGLE ENTRY||DOUBLE ENTRY||SINGLE ENTRY||DOUBLE ENTRY|
|Australia||USD $ 50.00||USD $ 80.00||USD $ 30.00||USD $ 45.00|
|Austria||USD $ 80.00||USD $ 30.00||USD $ 45.00||USD $ 45.00|
|Belgium||USD $ 50.00||USD $ 80.00||USD $ 30.00||USD $ 45.00|
|Brazil||USD $ 50.00||USD $ 80.00||USD $ 30.00||USD $ 45.00|
|Canada||USD $ 55.00||USD $ 30.00||USD $ 45.00|
|Denmark||USD $ 50.00||USD $ 80.00||USD $ 30.00||USD $ 45.00|
|Finland||USD $ 50.00||USD $ 80.00||USD $ 30.00||USD $ 45.00|
|France||USD $ 50.00||USD $ 80.00||USD $ 30.00||USD $ 45.00|
|Germany||USD $ 50.00||USD $ 80.00||USD $ 30.00||USD $ 45.00|
||USD $ 30.00||USD $ 45.00|
|Hungary||USD $ 50.00||USD $ 80.00||n/a||n/a|
||USD $ 30.00||USD $ 45.00|
|Israel||USD $ 50.00||USD $ 80.00||USD $ 30.00||USD $ 45.00|
|Italy||USD $ 50.00||USD $ 80.00||USD $ 30.00||USD $ 45.00|
|Japan||USD $ 50.00||USD $ 80.00||USD $ 30.00||USD $ 45.00|
|Netherlands||USD $ 50.00||USD $ 80.00||USD $ 30.00||USD $ 45.00|
||USD $ 30.00||USD $ 45.00|
|Poland||USD $ 50.00||USD $ 80.00||USD $ 30.00||USD $ 45.00|
|Portugal||USD $ 50.00||USD $ 80.00||USD $ 30.00||USD $ 45.00|
|Russia||USD $ 50.00||USD $ 80.00||USD $ 30.00||USD $ 45.00|
|Spain||USD $ 50.00||USD $ 80.00||USD $ 30.00||USD $ 45.00|
|Sweden||n/a||n/a||USD $ 30.00||USD $ 45.00|
|Switzerland||USD $ 50.00||USD $ 80.00||USD $ 30.00||USD $ 45.00|
|UK||GBP 75||GBP 240||USD $ 55.00||USD $ 70.00|
|USA||USD $ 135.00||USD $ 135.00||USD $ 30.00||USD $ 45.00|
n/a No visa required
*** Visas must be obtained 14 days in advance in South Africa or country of residence.
Visa fees subject to change
Countries whose nationals DO NOT require visas viz:
Antigua, Aruba , Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Botswana, Barduda, Canada, Cayman Islands, Cyprus,Democratic Republic of Congo, Grenada, Guyana, Hong Kong, Jamaica, Kenya, Kiribati, Leeward Islands, Lesotho, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Malta, Mauritius, Montserrat, Namibia, Nauru, New Zealand, Samoa Western, Singapore, Solomon Island, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Swaziland, Tanzania, Tonga. Trinidad & Tobago, Turks and Caicos Island, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu & Zambia. viz: South Africa (*gratis visas at point of entry for South Africans)
Countries whose nationals are granted visas at the port of entry on payment of the requisite visa fees
Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Brunei, Cook Island, Denmark, Dominica Republic, Egypt, Finland, France, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea (South), Kuwait, Liechtenstein, Luxemburg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Palau Islands, Palestine (State of), Papua New Guinea, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico (U.S.A.), Seychelles, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, U.S.A. United Arab Emirates (U.A.E.),United Kingdom, Vatican, Virgin Islands, (U.S.A.) *Ghana nationals receive gratis visas at the point of entry.
Countries whose nationals are required to apply for and obtain visas prior to traveling viz:
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde Islands, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comores Islands, Congo, Brazzaville, Costa Rica, Cote d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cuba, Czech Republic, Djibouti, Equador, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethopia, Eyron, Byron, French Guiana, French Polynesia, French West Indies, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Gibraltar, Guam, Guatemala, Guinea Bissau, Guinea Conakry, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, India, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Korea (DPRK) Krygystan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Macau, Madagascar, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, New Caledonia, Nicaragua, Nieu, Niger, Nigeria, Norfolk Islands, Northern Mariana Island, Oman, Pakistan, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Qatar, Reunion, Romania, Russia Fed, Rwanda, Samoa (America), San Marino, Sao Tome & Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen Republic Yugoslavia.